Meet Dr. Castano
Frank was born in Nashville, Tennessee, but within two weeks he moved to Italy with his family. He spent four years there before his father was transferred to Costa Rica. After a brief stop there, Frank spent over a decade in Central Mexico.
When it came time for college he moved to Gainesville, Florida to root for the Gators. Dental school found him in Boston, Massachusetts, but after four winters he had had enough and moved to Texas to complete his residency program in Endodontics. Upon graduation in 2003, Frank moved to the valley and has made it his home.
He currently lives in North Phoenix with his wife, Sarah, their two children and their trusty Czech shepherd, Lexa. When he is not doing root canals, you will have a hard time finding him since he enjoys disappearing into the wilderness in his jeep or going on greater adventures overseas-true to his upbringing.
- American Association of Endodontics
- Arizona Endodontic Association
- American Dental Association
- Arizona Dental Association
Academy of General Dentistry
- Endodontic Certificate, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX
- DMD, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Cum Laude, Boston, MA
- BS, University of Florida, with Honors, Gainesville, FL
Honors and Awards
- Graduated with honors
- American Association of Endodontists award for poster presentation of research activities
- Pierre Fauchard Award for Outstanding Academic Achievements in Dentistry
- Joel Dunsky Award for Excellence in Endodontics
- Quintessence Award for Clinical Achievement in Periodontics
- Research Training Award from the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Foundation
- Harvard Medical School Academic Research Program Stipend
- Harvard School Dental Medicine Scholastic Achievement Grant
- Phoenix Magazine, Top Dentists 2013
- 2003 Endodontic Orifice Barriers: Enduring Endodontic Success. American Association of Endodontists Annual Meeting. Tampa, FL.
- 2003 Single vs. Multiple Appointment Endodontic Therapy: An Evidence-Based Approach. Journal of Endodontics. In press.
- 2000 Proliferation of Masseter Myocytes after Distraction Osteogenesis of the Porcine Mandible. Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 59: 302-307, 2001.
- 2000 Minimally Invasive Orthognathic Surgery: Endoscopic Vertical Ramus Osteotomy. International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 29:167-175, 2000.
- 1999 Proliferation of Masseter Myocytes after Distraction Osteogenesis of the Porcine Mandible. 81st Annual Meeting of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Boston, MA.